Friday 2 April 2010

April Fool?

We've recently been thinking of buying some Parasol Pine trees, but they were very expensive. Yesterday I spotted some really nice trees in a local DIY store, and as they were half the price of the ones we'd already considered buying (€50 each rather than €100), I bought TWO.

Cro was doing his usual 'panic in the shop' routine, but I managed to get him to squeeze them into the compact family Royce, and drive them home without his blood pressure going through the roof.

By the afternoon he'd calmed enought to plant one of the trees. Maybe I'll get him to do the other one tomorrow.

A little extravagant maybe, but there's something wonderful about Parasol Pines.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Well that's rich I must say. It wasn't that long ago when Cro was waxing all poetical about Parasol Pines, and saying he wished he had more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I fell in love with the Parasol Pines when I went to Europe for the first time, except not knowing what they were I called them umbrella trees, and went home raving about the umbrella trees! Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're also known as Umbrella Pines, Linda. So you were RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete